Tuesday 13 February 2007

Entry #1

Most of you will have heard about the big fire in the Ottawa Housing complexes on Forward Ave. Many families have lost everything they own. As a result, I'm taking the opportunity to go through the kids' stuff and put together a bag (one of many, I'm sure) to be dropped off at #1's school today.

The majority of the stuff I've found are items I had placed aside to consign--primarily brandname coats, pants, overalls, etc in like-new condition. I feel a lot better donating them to help out right now than consigning them for a paltry return on their actual worth. Everything is taking a spin in the dryer with some dryer sheets to remove any dust or stale odours they may have picked up from storage in a plastic box.

I'll post the first Purge update after they've been bagged and weighed.

No comments: